Subject: [PATCH v2 1/3] hrtimer: Use __raise_softirq_irqoff() to raise the softirq.
From: Sebastian Andrzej Siewior <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2024 15:36:15 +0200

As an optimisation use __raise_softirq_irqoff() to raise the softirq.
This is always called from an interrupt handler so it can be reduced to
just or set softirq flag and let softirq be invoked on return from
interrupt.

Use __raise_softirq_irqoff() to raise the softirq.

Signed-off-by: Sebastian Andrzej Siewior <[email-masked]>
---
 kernel/time/hrtimer.c |    4 ++--
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

--- a/kernel/time/hrtimer.c
+++ b/kernel/time/hrtimer.c
@@ -1874,7 +1874,7 @@ void hrtimer_interrupt(struct clock_even
 	if (!ktime_before(now, cpu_base->softirq_expires_next)) {
 		cpu_base->softirq_expires_next = KTIME_MAX;
 		cpu_base->softirq_activated = 1;
-		raise_softirq_irqoff(HRTIMER_SOFTIRQ);
+		__raise_softirq_irqoff(HRTIMER_SOFTIRQ);
 	}
 
 	__hrtimer_run_queues(cpu_base, now, flags, HRTIMER_ACTIVE_HARD);
@@ -1969,7 +1969,7 @@ void hrtimer_run_queues(void)
 	if (!ktime_before(now, cpu_base->softirq_expires_next)) {
 		cpu_base->softirq_expires_next = KTIME_MAX;
 		cpu_base->softirq_activated = 1;
-		raise_softirq_irqoff(HRTIMER_SOFTIRQ);
+		__raise_softirq_irqoff(HRTIMER_SOFTIRQ);
 	}
 
 	__hrtimer_run_queues(cpu_base, now, flags, HRTIMER_ACTIVE_HARD);